Olive Garden Spaghetti Carbonara is really quite simple to make at home. You can make it for dinner tonight or for your next dinner party. Our Olive Garden Recipe for Spaghetti Carbonara tastes just like the pasta you enjoy at Olive Garden.
Olive Garden’s Spaghetti Carbonara Restaurant Recipe
This should warm you up on a cold Winter’s day quite nicely.
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
1 quart milk
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
24 slices bacon, extra thick
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cups mushrooms, sliced
6 tablespoons scallions, finely minced
1 pound spaghetti, uncooked
2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1. Melt butter in 4-quart heavy saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add milk, salt and pepper and stir vigorously with wire whip until mixture barely comes to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, whipping frequently while sauce thickens. Keep warm.
5. Cook bacon until fully cooked. Drain on paper towels. Cut into 1/4-inch pieces and stir into sauce.
6. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
7. Add sliced mushrooms and minced onions and sauté until golden. Add to sauce.
8. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain well and add to the sauce along with the parsley. Blend well.
9. Transfer to warm serving dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Olive Garden...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Olive Garden Spaghetti Carbonara is by Su-Lin and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.